Most permits require three weeks to properly review and all permits are reviewed in the order received. Permits with incomplete information must be resubmitted again and will be reviewed in the order in which they are resubmitted.
We know that construction and renovations can be stressful. Some helpful hints to help expedite the permit process include:
- Speaking to a member of our Codes Department before submitting any applications to ensure that everyone is on the same page,
- Making sure your permit packet is complete with the correct information before submitting it,
- Ensuring that your contractor will have the work completed before our inspectors arrive,
- Hiring a capable contractor with a working knowledge of the IRC or IBC codes;
- Submitting two sets of signed and sealed construction documents prepared by a design professional licensed in Pennsylvania if you are constructing an addition, new dwelling, garage, in ground pool, deck supporting a roof, hot tub or spa.